Sunday, April 7, 2013

Song of the Day - Murder She Wrote - Chaka Demus & Pliers

I know this little girl, her name is Maxine 
Her beauty is like a bunch of rose 
If I ever tell you bout Maxine 
You would a say I don't know what I know (but) 






Murder she wrote (fi real fi real) 
Murder she wrote 
Murder she wrote 
Murder she wrote

I was at Nuts and Bolts bar last night and at one point later in the evening, the deejay (who is absolutely awesome!) went into a reggae mix.  Now I absolutely love reggae, especially the kind of reggae that makes you move.  Plus, since reggae music is island music, it just reminds me of summer, which is always an added bonus.

Anyway, the weather is getting warmer, and songs such as Terror Fabulous' Action, Beyonce's Baby Girl (with Sean Paul) and this one were all part of the mix that I just couldn't stop dancing to.  Chaka Demus and Pliers will always, always be remembered for this intoxicating song with the hypnotic back beats and their dueling, island-flavored voices telling the story of Murder, She Wrote.  Love it!  Enjoy your Sunday!

 
Chaka Demus & Pliers- Murder She Wrote by kaenalasouricette






No comments:

Post a Comment