Thursday, June 13, 2013

will.i.am's #willpower Track Reviews: Great Times Are Coming


I hope your ready 

The great times coming 

I hope your ready 

I see them coming around 
I hope your ready 
The great times coming 
I hope your ready 
I see them coming around 


I'm not a big fan of the 10th track on #willpower. Great Times Are Coming starts out as a soft, kinda sort of inspirational ballad, then the club beats kick in and it gets a little bassy and funky, but for too short of a time before going back to ballad.  I don't know, but when the strings kick right before the final clubby part, I almost feel like I'm listening to a Disney soundtrack.  I don;t think the song knows where it wants to be and I often find myself skipping it when I listen to the CD.

Oh the message is promising, no doubt, but I think Mr. will did a better job on the Peas' Own It from their Beginning album.  Musically and lyrically that one had a much more positive message.  Check that one out here, and of course check out Great Times Are Coming, too!

In the meantime, I found a nice dancey, clubby version of the tune, complete with video...check it out:


Much better!

Be sure to check out my take on the first nine tracks on #willpower below:













No comments:

Post a Comment