Saturday, August 3, 2013

Is It Me?: An Introduction


This is a post I've been wanting to write for a long, long time.  Even as I begin to write it, I'm not exactly sure where it will go, but here goes...

A mantra that I've been repeating in my head for more than a year now only seems to get louder with time, and I'm feeling like it's just never going to dissipate.  The saying is fortified at school, within my family, my circle of friends and the world around me.  The mantra that I speak of is, "Is it me?"

Often lately I'm feeling that the world around me has gone crazy in every sense of the word, and I can't help but wonder whether it's me or everyone else that's lost it.  Being a Sagittarian and a 25/7, I do tend to be somewhat of a loner, but my interactions, or non-interactions, with fellow human beings is not always because I want to be alone.  Sometimes I just need to keep myself sane by staying away, but it does lead to a lonely life.

I've always judged people who have people in their lives that they don't speak to, but I'm starting to rethink that notion because it seems there are plenty of people I don't speak to anymore.  It gives me a sense of a dark cloud always following me, and that's emotional, I know, but realistically I don't believe it reflects on me as a person.

The saying, "there's plenty of fish in the sea," doesn't only apply to romance, but people in general. The people who you happen to come into contact with in this life are there because of the circumstances in your life: where you live, where you work, who your family is, even the people you encounter in everyday life, and just because those around you may mostly seem to direct negative energy towards you doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you.  I just have to keep telling myself that, lol.

Oy!  I'm gonna stop here before I get myself in trouble.  Maybe I'll revisit this when the time comes....




1 comment: