Monday, September 9, 2013

Great Adventure's Zumanjaro Drop of Doom coming summer 2014


A couple of days ago I penned a piece for Examiner on the newest rides coming to amusement parks for the summer of 2014 and my local park, Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, N.J. will be adding a new drop tower right under the edifice of the great Kingda Ka.  Here's what I wrote about the new ride:

It's been a long time since Great Adventure has added a brand new roller coaster, and fans of the park won't be getting one in the coming year either. That doesn't mean that local enthusiasts won't be getting something new to get excited about next summer. Six Flags announced recently that it will be adding an all new, record-breaking drop tower smack dab within the edifice of the world-famous Kingda KaZumanjaro Drop of Doom will be the world's tallest drop tower, dropping riders a whopping 450 feet straight down at speeds of up to 90 miles per hour.

I just caught a glimpse of the ride on YouTube and thought I'd share it here.  Since I'm not a fan of drop rides, I think maybe this will be the closest I'll be getting to riding Zumanjaro:



No comments:

Post a Comment