Sunday, September 29, 2013

Song of the Day - Not Fair - Lily Allen


Oh he treats me with respect
He says he loves me all the time
He calls me fifteen times a day
He likes to make sure that I'm fine


In this day, with Avicii's Wake Me Up making it so big using countrified music in his dance/club song, I think it's a good a time as any to resurface Lily Allen's Not Fair.  Lily is one of my favorite singer/songwriters of all time and I've always loved how she mixes simple, sweet sounding styles of music and melodies to her very adult lyrics.  Here, she effectively uses a country banjo background to mask a very serious, yet very amusing subject.  Catchy and singable, this one's one of my favorites.

It's not fair and I think you're really mean
I think you're really mean
I think you're really mean
Oh, you're supposed to care,
But you never make me scream
You never make me scream
You never make me scream...


No comments:

Post a Comment