Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Song of the Day - Woman's World - Cher


Welcome to Cher mania...at least in some circles. Yes, after at least a year of hype, one of the world's pre-eminent diva's has finally released her Closer to the Truth album.   Honestly, I have to admit that I'm not as excited about it as I once was.  Oh sure, I'm going to download it, but I think maybe all of that waiting, along with the endless play of this song in bars and clubs, has waned my excitement for the record.

I admit, I loved Woman's World when I first heard it in what seems a long, long time ago, but over the months I've come to regard it as many people did from the beginning: as a mindless club song full of glitz that doesn't really suit someone of Cher's age.  Oh, who am I to talk right?  Anyway, stay tuned for a track by track review of Closer to the Truth, and in the meantime, check out Woman's World:


 


No comments:

Post a Comment