Monday, October 14, 2013

Freestyle Week Song of the Day - Come Into My Arms - Judy Torres

This weekend has inspired me to declare a theme for the week, and it's of a genre of music I haven't listened to in a long, long time.  Freestyle music, a Latin-infused form of club music that had a sound all its own, was one of the hottest things to come out of the 80's.  Many freestyle artists flourished during the decade and even for a little while in the 90's, and their tunes are still enjoyed by legions of fans everywhere.


One such fan is my new pal Ricardo.  Ricky is one of the guys I spent the weekend with and he is a big freestyle fan.  During our final cleanup of the cabin yesterday, he popped on a freestyle mix that was slammin'.  Now I just love to clean house to good dance music, and to do it with other people who were jammin' right down with me was extra-fun.

And so I'm going to dedicate this entire week to freestyle music, and I'm going to start with Ricky's favorite freestyle artist, Ms. Judy Torres, who had her fair share of hits back in the day.  Judy is so endeared that not only her music has lived on, but herself, as well.  Today she is a successful radio deejay and still adored by thousands upon thousands of fans, like Ricky and like me.  This one was one of her first, and still a favorite of mine.  Enjoy and Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment