Friday, December 6, 2013

ARTPOP Track Reviews: Dope

Cork's off, it's on 
The party's just begun 
I promise this drink is my last one 
I know I fucked up again 
'Cause I lost my only friend 
God forgive my sins 
 Don't leave me, I 
Oh I'll leave myself until I die 


news.radio

My buddy Kyle really liked this one when he first heard it, so it must have more merit than I give it.  If any comparison is to be made between this and any other previous Gaga song, I'd say it's in the same vein as You and I from Born This Way.  The ballad is well-written and nicely performed, but I just can't wrap myself around the chorus:

My heart would break without you 
Might not awake without you 
Been hurting low from living high for so long 
I'm sorry, and I love you Sing with me, "Bell Bottom Blue" 
I'll keep on searching for an answer cause I need you more than dope

Maybe I'm being a bit too critical here, but "Bell Bottom Blue?"  "Dope?"  Does anybody use that word anymore?  I gave it three stars on first listen and I am sticking with it.  Not one of my favorites...


Lady Gaga - Dope (HQ Full Version) HD by EurovisionMemoriesGreece

Check out my take on the other tracks from ARTPOP here:


ARTPOP Track Reviews: G.U.Y.









No comments:

Post a Comment