Friday, February 28, 2014

Are You Ready for a New Wave?

Welcome to New Wave Month on John's World.  I tell ya, for the past week I've been so looking forward to this.  Like all music, new wave brings me back to another time in my life, a happy time, and so most of what you'll hear, see and read on this blog for the next month will be memories, really, for me, and I hope some of you, too!


I first became aware of new wave music probably a little later than many, but around the same time as most. For many of you, like me, MTV will certainly invade your minds this month because the then-innovative and groundbreaking channel gave new wave not only a place to be heard, but a visual, too, which contributed to the style, the fashion, and the popular culture at the time.  An alternative lifestyle that went mainstream.


So look for posts that will jar your memories if you were growing up at the time.  I hope to bring you to a happy place, too, reliving great times spent in blissful youth, with songs that are like precious files tucked away in the documents of your mind. Look to see and read about some great 80's new wave bands like Blondie, The B-52s, Duran Duran, INXS, Erasure, New Order, Depeche Mode, Bananarama, Dead or Alive, and some classic one-hit wonders that were the Call Me Maybe's and Somebody That I Used to Know's of their time.


I'm looking forward to it, for sure, and to get things started, here's a little known ditty by Bananarama and Fun Boy Three.  I kind of remember it from MTV, and I always thought it was catchy.  I'd be singing it for hours after I heard it, like I will tonight, lol.  Here's It Ain't What You Do It's the Way That You Do It...LOVE IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment