Friday, February 14, 2014

Flashback Friday Song of the Day - Stir It Up - Bob Marley

I've just read an article about how February 6th was Bob Marley's birthday and his fans celebrated with a campaign, #BobMarleyWeek, to celebrate with video posts and other tributes in honor of the occasion.  The campaign helped propel the legendary singer up Billboard's Social 50 Chart.  The chart tracks the popularity of artists among social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., and Marley's position went from #35 to #14.  Pretty impressive!


So in honor of Marley's birthday, I present a beautiful song, Stir It Up.  Though I've always listened to Bob Marley (Buffalo Soldier is my favorite Marley tune!), I first caught this song when it was remade by early 90's dance artist Haddaway.  Listening to the original, I can see that the latter version did do it justice, but as always, there's nothing like the original.  Besides, doesn't reggae make you think of summer?  Happy Friday everybody!



No comments:

Post a Comment