Sunday, February 23, 2014

March is New Wave Month

I had a revelation the other day whilst riding in the car.  I was listening to my 80's New Wave playlist on my iPod and found myself jamming to the music and reliving fond memories for hours.  So I began thinking about doing a whole month of New Wave music on John's World.  Good idea, right?


ashbum

Anyway, here's how it's going to work:

Everyday in the month of March, dubbed New Wave Month, I will post new wave songs for Songs of the Day.  Since there is so much to choose from, there will be days when I'll do multiple songs by the same artist, and I'll even try to throw in some tidbits.  All of my articles on Yahoo about the genre generate lots and lots of page views, so hopefully this will stir up some interest.  I've already got several Facebook friends in on the idea, so I am sooo looking forward to it!  Requests are being accepted, so if you like, leave a comment on any blog post with the label New Wave and I'll try to get yours in, with a mention, of course!

In the meantime, here's a teaser from one of my favorite, albeit short-lived bands of new wave.

Don't mind me honey
I'm just looking
Smelt your chicken
And I watched you cooking
Souped up, jacked up, cracked up, stacked up
You're a bad stain
And you need to be cleaned up 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment