Saturday, February 15, 2014

Okay Facebook, Now I Am Pissed!

Okay now, so this is war.  I haven't ranted in a long time, but I am fed up with Facebook!  You see, I've been having this problem with my posts to this blog and sharing them on that site, and it's costing me page views, along with giving people something to chuckle at at my expense.  I just reported the issue for the 4th time.  The first three times I tried were not answered.  Take a look at this screen shot I took of my Song of the Day post from this morning:



I joked about it on the Facebook link.  That's all I can do these days, as many of my friends have been commenting how funny this has been.  Well it's not funny to me!  Take a look at a couple more from yesterday:





Since yesterday was Flashback Friday, I hadn't even thought of posting an older love song for Valentine's Day, and so I reposted Songs of the Day from Valentine's past on Facebook in the hopes of generating some page views.  Look at the photos Facebook chose for me to go along with my posts.  Don't you think people would be more likely to click on these posts if there were pictures of Sade and Whitney Houston were attached?  Both pieces had appropriate pictures, yet for whatever reason Facebook chose these two ridiculous ones. Grrrrr!!!!!  Here are two more...



At this point, I don't know what to do.  All I can hope is that Facebook will look at the issue and fix it.  I mean, even if I had the option of posting no thumbnail to the post that would be better than this.  What pisses me off even more is that Facebook seems it's okay to do things when its to their financial benefit.  They're always changing their app, and almost always it's advertising creeping in.  

My friend was telling me the other day that she had been looking online for a red wool coat she wanted to buy, and a little while afterwards, guess what happened?  Red wool coats started appearing on her Facebook "news feed."  I tell ya, a free market economy is not good for anybody when our own browsing is not safe from the prying eyes of "social networks."  

Facebook was a great thing for a long time, and still is in its own way, but it's gotten way too commercial for anyone's good, and who knows, I may soon find myself away from it for good.  So let's see what they post with the link to this piece when I share it.  In the meantime, if you are a FB friend of mine, please click the "like" button or leave a comment and maybe someone over there will pay attention.  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment