Saturday, March 1, 2014

New Wave Month Song of the Day #1 - Private Idaho - The B-52s



Private Idaho was my first real B-52's song.  I say that because even though I knew Rock Lobster, I was only vaguely aware of the song at the time and there used to be a bar called Spectrum in Medford that I went to every Friday night.  Anyway, I remember that the deejay at the club played it in conjunction with another, totally different type of song, Play At Your Own Risk by Planet Patrol, every week and I remember just loving the music and not knowing or realizing what the hell they were saying in it.  I only knew that I loved it, and one day I got up the nerve to ask the deejay what it was and who sang it.



Needless to say, Private Idaho has been a favorite of mine ever since and this is the first time I've ever gotten to check out a performance of the tune, so take a look for yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment