Sunday, March 30, 2014

New Wave Song of the Day - A Little Respect - Erasure

I tried to discover
A little something to make me sweeter
Oh baby refrain, from breaking my heart
I'm so in love with you
I'll be forever blue
That you give me no reason
Why you're making me work so hard...



Today, the last Sunday of New Wave Month, we feature one of the most enduring new wave bands. Erasure, made up of singer/songwriter Andy Bell and keyboardist/songwriter Vince Clarke (also a member of Yaz, featured all day yesterday), was always more popular in their native U.K. than they were here, but they've always been a popular act within the gay community (Bell is openly gay).  The duo have recorded many albums over the years (they still work together), and have had hits here and there, but none as popular as their tunes from the new wave era.

This is one of their most well-known and my personal favorite.  They play this one a lot over the summer at Cherry's on Fire Island and nearly every time they do, everyone sings along.  Check out A Little Respect...

No comments:

Post a Comment