Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Beast Celebrates 35 Years of Thrills

The first time I ever saw The Beast, it was on an old roller coaster video I had bought years ago, and I remember wanting to ride that thing so bad.  It looked so cool, especially when it reached the second lift hill and then dove down with ever-increasing speed, spiraling downward in a helix, and heading towards a tunnel at the bottom.  Woof! What a ride!  I finally got my chance to ride The Beast almost four years ago in the summer of 2010 and it was all I expected and more.




It was 35 years ago this April 14th that The Beast, located at King's Island near Cincinnati, Ohio, first opened to the public.  At the time it broke records as the tallest, fastest and longest wooden roller coaster in the world, the latter record which it still holds.  The ride is still one of the main attractions at the park, and has given over 45 million riders the best of thrills since 1979.



To ride The Beast is both thrilling and breathtaking, as it glides along more than 7,000 feet of track through wooded splendor, with great hills, nice speeds, twists and turns, tunnels, and my favorite part, that second lift hill.  It's like two rides in one!  In celebration of the 35th Anniversary of The Beast, I invite you to take a ride, a virtual one, at least, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment