Sunday, May 4, 2014

A-Z Blogging - Adventure Parks - V is for Valleyfair Amusement Park


Valleyfair is an amusement park in Shakopee, Minnesota and therefore one which I can't envision myself ever visiting because I don't ever envision myself going to Minnesota.  But, hey, you never know, and if I ever did I'd be sure to visit this Midwest mecca for coaster-riding.


Valleyfir Amusement Park is a Cedar Fair property, so you know there are plenty of spills, thrills and fun to go around.  The park has over 75 attractions and eight roller coasters.  Let's check out a couple of them...

High Roller


The High Roller is Valleyfair's oldest operating roller coaster, opening during the park's debut season.  The wooden coaster is not a giant, modern thriller like today's rides, with a first drop of 56 feet and a top speed of about 50 mph, but it sure looks like fun!  Take a ride...

Renegade


Renegade is one mean-looking ride, almost as mean looking as Mean Streak at Cedar Point.  The coaster opened in 2007 and was one of the first ones designed and built by Great Coasters International, a company that is well-known around amusement circles.  The ride is a combination out and back and twister design and looks frightfully good.  Check it out...


Steel Venom


Steel Venom is one wicked, wicked ride, and I can tell you that for sure because this one, or ones very similar to it, also appears at Cedar Point (Wicked Twister) and Dorney Park (Possessed), and also at Six Flags Great America (V2).  This one you've got to see to believe....and I tell ya, it is scary!  Talk about anticipation!


Wild Thing

File:Wild Thing Roller Coaster 2007.JPG

Finally we come to the big one...Wild Thing.  This hypercoaster is the biggest thing at Valleyfair, coming in at a height of 20 feet.  The ride opened in 2005 and with over 1 mile of track I soooo want to ride!  Check it out...


"V" Coaster of the day - Verbolten
Busch Gardens, Williamsburg


Our "V" coaster for the day is Busch Gardens' Verbolten.  I've written about this one a few times, and it's one of my favorite fun rides to ride.  Check it out...


Be sure to check out my other A-Z Adventure Parks posts below, and stay tuned for the rest coming soon!



















No comments:

Post a Comment