Friday, May 9, 2014

A-Z Blogging - Adventure parks - Z is for Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom

Well, only nine days later and we're finally here!  I tell ya, the A-Z Blogger's Challenge is always tough and this year's was no exception.  I hope you've enjoyed this month's A-Z posts on stuff that I find interesting in the amusement world and in roller coasters especially.  I've linked the rest of the posts from this month's pieces at the bottom of the page in case you missed any and would like to check them out, or even if you'd like to catch a video again of a favorite ride.  In the meantime, here is my final "Z" post:


Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom is the newest thrill ride at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey. No, it's not a roller coaster, but it is a fierce looking ride in the form of a drop tower.  I say fierce because this one's a record breaker that's built right into the structure of the King of all Coasters, Kingda Ka.   Imagine being lifted vertically to an altitude of 415 feet and then free falling at a speed of 90 miles per hour back to the ground.  Sounds scary?  Well, I'm not a big fan of drop rides and I may not ever ride this one...too much for me.

  

Zumanjaro is set to open soon, so be on the lookout.  In the meantime, check out the promo teaser...


"Z" Coaster of the Day - Mt. Olympus Theme Park - 
Wisconsin Dells, WI




For our final Coaster of the Day, we return to Mt. Olympus, home of Hades 360, which this one dives under.  With a lift hill of 90 feet and speeds of up to 60 miles per hour, this one is not tame, that's for sure. Take a ride... 


Well, that's all she wrote for John's World and the April 2014 A-Z Blogger's Challenge.  Once again, I hope you've enjoyed reading these posts about roller coasters, amusement parks and other such fun stuff and I hope you'll continue to tune in to this blog for more.  In the meantime, check out all of my posts from the challenge below...
























No comments:

Post a Comment