Friday, May 16, 2014

Flashback Friday Song of the day - Tell It to My Heart - Taylor Dayne

Earlier this week it was announced that Long Island native and late 80's/early 90's pop star Taylor Dayne will be performing at this year's Long Island Pride Parade in Huntington Village on June 14th.  Taylor always had a powerful set of pipes that worked well on the dance floor and in ballads, too.  The singer's had several big hits, including a cover of Barry White's Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Love Will Lead You Back, I'll Be Your Shelter, With Every Beat of My Heart, and more.


Ever since I heard the announcement, I've been singing some of her tunes in my head, especially this one. Tell It to My Heart is a high-energy dance record that was Dayne's first big hit in 1988.  The video is very reminiscent of Madonna's Lucky Star, and I think it makes a great way to start the weekend!  Enjoy!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment