Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Sunday at Fire Island: Just What the Doctor Ordered

Yesterday was Memorial Day Sunday, and the weather for the unofficial beginning of summer was perfect. Though our pal Rich wasn't coming with us, Blanche and I went through with our annual tradition and hit Cherry Grove just the two of us.  Of course, there'd be people there that we'd...I'd know....the guys from bowling, Manny and Oz, my miss-the-ferry-twice pals Michael and Christian, and many more.  It was just the remedy I needed for the crappy weekend I'd been having.


As usual, I saw a lot of old friends and bonded with my regular buds.  Blanche and I really enjoyed each other's company for the first time in a long time, just the two of us.  I got to dance, and just spend time with friends.  It was nice!

Today was just as beautiful as yesterday, and I was holed up at home for most of it, because of school work I had to catch up on.  That was okay, though, because yesterday I was reminded that I have a pretty good life, and I've got plenty of friends who when they see me they smile.  Who could want more from life that?


So I go into a new week happy...hopefully work won't stress me out and bring me down again.  At least there's only a few weeks left!  Oh, and the Rangers won against Montreal last night in OT to go up 3-1 in the series.  Just one win away from the Cup Finals.....


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment