Thursday, July 10, 2014

Song of the Day - Coal Miner's Daughter - Loretta Lynn


Well, today is Thursday and we are leaving Louisville, Kentucky and heading south towards Nashville, Tennessee.  Since we're going to the country music capital of the world, how could I not post some country music?  Since I'm not really a country music person, there's not a whole lot in my repertoire to choose from. I wanted to post something that was a country classic and it doesn't get much more classic than "The First Lady of Country Music."  God, I remember watching Coal Miner's Daughter over and over when I was younger on HBO.  What a great movie!  And who could forget those Crisco commercials, lol?  Anyway, if you know the movie or even just Loretta Lynn (in which case you probably definitely know the movie), click play and take a listen to this flashback...

No comments:

Post a Comment