Sunday, July 13, 2014

Song of the Day - Islands In the Stream - Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton

Good morning and Happy Sunday!  Today is a day I've been waiting for for a long, long time. Ever since I first heard that country superstar Dolly Parton opened up Dollywood in 1986, I've always wanted to check it out. Dolly is one of those country stars that I admire so much not only because of her musical and acting talents, but she seems like a genuine person too, and she happens to like amusement like me.


Today's song wasn't a difficult one to choose.  This is one of my favorite country songs of all time, and I just happened to see a video clip of this performance at the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville yesterday. Kenny Rogers was an assured part of my musical youth and this beautiful song is still a favorite.  So sit back, click play and relive this classic as I go off to enjoy my day at Dollywood.  I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment