Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A New Favorite Coaster: Bizarro, Six Flags New England

I think I found a new favorite roller coaster!  Yesterday, after literally years of wanting to visit the park, I finally went to Six Flags New England in Agawam, Massachusetts.  It's actually a little odd that I've never been there before considering it is not really too far from where I live.  It's only about a three-hour ride from where I live...not that much longer than Great Adventure.  Ah well, so anyway I finally took the trip with my pal Rich and my nephew Nick and we had a blast! Though not as big as its sister park in New Jersey, SFNE does have a nice collection of coasters, and one of them is surely one of the best I've ever ridden!


Bizarro is a hypercoaster that first opened in 2000 as Superman: Ride of Steel.  The name and theme changed to its current one back in 2009 and the ride has consistently been on many a coaster fan list as being one of the best, and it is.  Hypercoasters are my favorite type of coaster.  I love them for their big first drops and their speed and airtime, and Bizarro is two minutes of pure hypercoaster heaven, with plenty of twists, turns, special effects, tunnels and speeds of up to 77 mph.  This one is so wild that we saw not one, but two cell phones fly out of people's pockets on one ride.  Check it out...

  

Here are some other photos I took of Bizarro and some of the other sights to be had at Six Flags New England. If you're a roller coaster enthusiast like me and you ever find yourself in the vicinity of the park, definitely check it out...and take a ride on Bizarro.  You won't regret it!

Bizarro







Mind Eraser



The Dark Knight


Goliath, one sick, sick coaster!



Miscellany










No comments:

Post a Comment