Sunday, October 26, 2014

Roller Coaster Road Trip 2014: Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center

After spending pretty much the entire morning at the Grand Ole Opry, there was one more place we had to visit before heading into the city of Nashville itself.  I admit, I wasn't too excited about it, and it was an awfully long walk on a hot day from the Opry itself to get to the other side of the parking field, where the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center stood.

Now both Rich and Eddie knew all about the place beforehand, and I think that Rich had mentioned it to me also, but it's not the type of attraction I'm ordinarily attracted to.  That being said, although there was no real "attraction" to be had, the place is a giant, beautiful, architectural work of art!  I won't say too much about it...it's basically a giant hotel, but with lush waterviews and gardens and all sorts of other types of beauty around, the looks of the place made me wish I could spend a night or two.

Check out some pictures and you'll see what I mean...















Pretty incredible, huh?  I would never go all the way to Nashville to check out the Gaylord Opry Resort, but I would definitely love to stay there!  Stay tuned for the last two posts on the Roller Coaster Road Trip 2014 coming soon.  In the meantime, check out some prior pieces...















No comments:

Post a Comment