Monday, December 1, 2014

A Great Weekend to Ease the Pain


This is a picture I just found in a drawer the other day and posted as my profile picture on Facebook for my birthday.  Pretty appropriate, huh?  Man, when I look at that innocent young face I can't help but wonder whatever happened to that little boy.  The life that was to be laid out before him...Oh man, if I only knew then what I know now.  


So, it's past me now...the big 5-0.  Though I don't feel any different physically (well maybe a little tired from the weekend!), I'm still not thrilled about the whole idea. But whaddyagonnado?  I really couldn't have asked for a better birthday weekend, as I ventured into the city with ten great, great friends and had an absolute blast on Saturday night and then a fun little get together with my family and my pals Rich, Bobby and Vera at my mom's last night.  


To top off all of that fun with people whom I really and truly care about, I received lots of love from my faraway friends on Facebook.  Now I usually get about 60-70 birthday wishes every year, but this year it was more than double that.  And then I was greeted this morning to gifts from a few of my students, one of whom painted and framed an amazing picture for me...


Pretty cool, huh?

Anyway, I just want to say thank you to everybody who made this difficult birthday a little easier to handle, and I especially want to thank Rich, Bobby, Vera, my mom, Kyle, Ozzie and Manny, Gary and Christopher, Al, Dave, Kim, Nick and Jake, Ann Marie, Chrissy, Linda, and Gina.  I love you all and now I can face this new decade knowing that I am loved! 





No comments:

Post a Comment