Sunday, December 28, 2014

Song of the Day - Spark the Fire - Gwen Stefani


Gwen Stfefani is back again with the second single from her forthcoming, as yet untitled album. Spark the Fire was co-written and produced by Pharrell Williams and was probably meant to be the modern day equivalent of her cheer leading-inspired Hollaback Girl, only it's not nearly as good. This one, I guess, is supposed to be more hip-hop inspired, and the lyrics seem just plain silly...

O.M.G., O.M.G., I'm back again
Original feelgood is what I defend 
I'mma believe and no, I don't pretend
Know what it's like when you look up and grin
The person next to you, feel that energy
Let's lift em up as high as can be (what?)
That is what happens when I get with P

Um, yeah, Stefani and Williams aren't going to win any songwriting Grammys for this one, that's for sure, but on the plus side the tune is high energy and thereby good for being silly and just dancing. Take a listen for yourself...



No comments:

Post a Comment